Sunday, April 10, 2011

I Love You, Grandpa Rasmusson

I have been very lucky to have known both sets of grandparents (mom & dad's side), both sets of great-grandparents and even a set of great-great grandparents.

Kendra, Kaylie, Lucas & Chaz have all of their grandparents (mine & Spencer's side). The 3 oldest have met all of their great-grandparents (on my side), but my little Chaz didn't get a chance to meet my Grandpa Rasmusson. I think that is one of the hardest things for me right now, besides just wanting to be there with my Dad as he goes through this hard time losing his Dad.

I remember his laugh and his smile. I remember being little and when we would come over we'd always ask for a little Heinz pickle pin that he would bring home from work. Grandpa Rasmusson retired from Heinz. He had a true love for baseball, mostly Oakland A's baseball. His baseball card collection was most impressive...next to my little brothers, but their collection was often used for slip n slide on the bedroom floor.


My grandpa Rasmusson was awesome, such an amazing guy. A great example to my Dad, who was of course an amazing example to me. When I sat down to tell Kaylie about my grandpa being sick she was questioning which grandpa. I took her to my computer and we looked at pictures of him. While we were doing this she looked at me and said "Mom, I have never seen you cry like this before". It was hard crying in front of her, but I could tell with her looking at me that she knows how much I love him.

The day he passed away Kaylie said "Mom, now we have to go take care of all the animals at Grandpa's house". I'm so glad Kendra, Kaylie and Lucas were able to know him, even if it was just a little bit. I'm so glad that we tried to take pictures when we were in CA visiting. I love having these little memories of Grandpa!








 I love you Grandpa Rasmusson, you will be missed more than you can imagine!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, you kids are pretty lucky for such awesome grandparents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I had the chance to meet him. He was always so nice. I loved going to visit as a kid with you guys. Good times. Btw, I always wanted one of those pickle pins. Thinking of you all. ((hugs)) and Katie, great pictures. You are great at capturing family memories when you visit. I miss you so much! Love you!!!! And Chaz will know him through pictures and stories, so keep writing and his memory will live forever. RIP Grandpa Rasmusson <3

    ReplyDelete


All because 2 people fell in Love!

In love!