Tuesday, June 7, 2011

My baby girl graduated VPK

Spencer would think I'm going a little overboard (and maybe I am a little) but this is a big day for me and for Kaylie. She was my first born and although I knew this day was coming I just can't believe she is going to be in Kindergarten this fall.

Kaylie attended Ladybird Academy in Lake Nona and she loved it. Her teachers were Raena Bleakney and Stephanie McQueeny. I am pretty sure that she had the best teachers at the school. My only interaction with the other teachers was in car line, but I think we got pretty lucky. She learned so much this last year in Pre-K (VPK--free in Florida!). She can count to 100 in English, by 2's, 5's and 10's and to 30 in Spanish. She of course knows her ABC's and is learning to spell. Kaylie learned many songs in school and even a couple in Spanish. I love that she enjoys learning Spanish so much, I really wish I could speak another language that would benefit me so much.

I am so proud of how well Kaylie did each day in class. She was a great helper to the teachers and to the other students. She received Star of the Week during the year for helping another girl in her class. Each day they get a green, yellow or red face in their folder. Kaylie received a green smiley face in class every single day, her reward for that (per her request), was candy and a hula hoop.









.

No comments:

Post a Comment


All because 2 people fell in Love!

In love!