Sunday, June 5, 2011

Blessing Dress for Alexandria

My sister in law, Jill, asked me to help make her baby girl a blessing dress. Alexandria had not yet arrived, but I wanted to get it done in time for her baby shower. Jill brought me her wedding dress and wanted me to use it for the blessing dress. I was very nervous, but so excited to do this for her. Jill had given me a pattern, but I wasn't to sure about it so I did a little looking on my own and found one that I fell in love with at Joann's. I sent her a message to make sure it was ok if I used a different pattern and she was totally fine.

Here are the before and after pics.

 

This piece was cut from the top of her wedding dress and I pinned it all over to keep it in place until I could keep it together with the machine. I had been thinking about how I was going to make this dress for weeks before I even started on it. The 2 things I was sure of were that I wanted the top of the dresses to match and I wanted it long.


Momma Jill opening the blessing dress at her baby shower. I had Jana hand this gift to her last, I knew I would see some tears.


After the shower I took the dress into Alexandria's room so I could get some special pictures of it hanging.



 
The only things that are on this dress that weren't on Jill's dress are the buttons and the headband on her bow. I was very surprised with how this dress turned out and felt very honored that Jill asked and trusted me with such an important thing for her baby girl. I love my little Alexandria!

1 comment:

  1. so amazing. you inspired me to do if i have a little girl. beautiful.

    ReplyDelete


All because 2 people fell in Love!

In love!